When you do everything only for God, things are getting solved by themselves."
Neem Karoli Baba
Neem Karoli Baba or Shri Neeb Karori Baba, also known as maharaj ji was a great Indian yogi. Known as “Miracle Baba” thorough northern India, Neem Karoli Baba manifested numerous paranormal powers, among which bilocation being one of them (he could be in the same time in two different places). He also had the ability to induce states of SAMADHI to the spiritual aspirants with a mere touch of a finger. He established ASHRAMS and temples, fed millions of people, performed astonishing miracles, helped many human beings to go back to God, advised governments and corporate leaders. Even though he manifested all these qualities, still he knew how to maintain an aura of mystery, how to stay out of the public eye.
Neem Karoli Baba lived on earth between 1900 - 1973 .
Love them all. Feed them all. Remember God. Speak only the truth.
This is the synthesis of the teachings of this great Indian yogi.
Those who had the chance to be close by remember him as a being “in the heart of whom God was singing every moment”. Ram Dass said about him: “He gave no discourses; the briefest, simplest stories were his teachings. Usually he sat or lay on a wooden bench, wrapped in a plaid blanket while a few devotees sat around him. People came and went; they always received food, wise advice and some encouraging words, a blessing or a hug. Neem Karoli Baba loved jokes and word play. Orders for running the ASHRAM were given usually in a piercing yell across the compound. Sometimes he sat in silence, absorbed in another world to which we could not follow, but bliss and peace poured down on us. He was enveloping us with the nectar of his presence, we felt blessed.”
Hospitality was one of the qualities of Neem Karoli Baba
For Maharajji, the ASHRAM was a place of continuously remembering God. He would ask his spiritual followers to put a lot of heart in taking care of their spiritual home. Everything had to be shining and clean: the colours of the walls, the carpets, the furniture. Everything had to be intense and alive in order to maintain the sacredness of the place and to awake high states in other aspirants as well.
The ASHRAMs’ storerooms were filled with all sorts of goods. Baba used to take care personally of providing what was needed, establishing necessities, payments. The way he managed all these things was a mystery for many people. Even though large amounts of food were consumed daily, Neem Karoli Baba knew in the smallest details the exact inventory, yet not keeping any evidence. Many visitors were wondering about the source of the money – many were convinced that he was materializing them. Full of curiosity, these people would come to the ASHRAM invoking various reasons, but Baba used to say: “They didn’t come here to meet me. They came here only to test me.”
Many gifts and donations were given from different sides, but maharaj ji was very selective. He would receive only the gifts offered from the bottom of the heart. If the offering was conditioned, he would refuse it completely.
He was insisting that every person visiting one of his ASHRAMs would receive food. He would say: “Whoever is coming in here is a guest. He is coming full of love and with open heart. So he should be welcomed with love and then fed.”
At a certain point, some politicians visited one of his ASHRAMS. Seeing the tables filled with so many good things, they exclaimed: “It’s a huge waste! There is dryness and famine in the country and here is an unjustified abundance. It’s a sacrilege to spend so much money on such expensive food. How can it be possible to have such a thing in an ASHRAM?” It happened that maharaj ji wasn’t there at that time, but when he came back and heard the news, he said: “These politicians became now the defenders of the people. Yet they forgot where this food is coming from. They lost their belief. How do they think the rains will come? How do they prepare for having harvests? This is what happens when you think that everything is depending on you and you forget about God.”
One day, Ram Dass asked him: “Why do you give food to so many people? And why so much food? I am hardly eating some rice in a day and look, I’m surviving!”
His answer was: “We are so hungry!... All the time. Even though we don’t know it. The body might not feel the need, but the soul is starving for food. So go ahead and eat!
7 Untold Facts About Neem Karoli Baba
That Everyone Needs To Know..!!
- Kainchi Dham is a small temple complex situated on the banks of the Kosi, a river in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
- The place came to limelight after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg told Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during the recent town hall meet, that Steve Jobs had recommended him to visit Neem Karoli Baba (Maharaji) ashram in Kainchi.
- It is believed that by the time Neem Karoli Baba was 17 years old, he knew every worldly happenings. It is therefore widely believed that he was a born Clairvoyant.
- Mark Zuckerberg visited Karoli baba after Steve Jobs suggesting him to visit there.
- Larry Brilliant, the former director of Google’s philanthropic arm Google.org is a notable devotee of Baba.
- Larry Brilliant founded the Seva Foundation, an international health organization. Steve jobs Funded this Organization
- steve Jobs, the pioneer of Tech giant, Apple Inc, wanted to meet Baba onn is visit to India. However as the Baba passed away before Jobs arrival and hence his wish couldn’t be fulfilled.
- Hollywood actress Julia Roberts was also greatly influenced by the teachings of Neem Karoli Baba and attributes her ideologies to his influence.